Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dr. visit

Saw my doctor today.  One of them.  Got to the important questions.  He said the cancer will probably come back.  Yes it can adjust to lupron and that usually happens in 2 or 3 years.  Based on my bad PSA and horrible Gleason numbers he said I had about a 40 % chance of long survival, without the disease.  That a few of those horrible cells are still inside me and will probably come back.  Groan.  I had been optimistic.  He said I had about a 5 year window of opportunity of good life and then…and then…the end.  A long end.  But an end.  Treatment is hormones and men don't like it.  I am kinda shaken.  Yeah.  shaken.  I kinda thought this was all over.  I envy Patty, stumbling down the stairs and dying.  I hate worrying all the time.  The visit could, of course, have been worse.  For now things are good, a good PSA @ ~ 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment